Junior Software Validation & Verification Engineer (m/f)
Our client office has centralized teams that deal with verification and validation activities for various projects in the Space industry. The teams are responsible for software engineering services including the provision of an environment and tools to define and support the software life cycle. The department is also in charge of integrating software modules, preparing releases and verifying and validating software products before delivery to customers. In addition, continuous regression testing is performed to ensure that existing functionality is still working when adding new Features.
Testing data flow applications (database-driven Java web and desktop applications, command line tools, distributed applications) according to client`s Software Product Assurance standards. It includes understanding and reviewing user requirements with customers, producing and automating test cases, plans and reports.
- Platforms used: Windows, Linux
- Analyzing test results and investigating the root causes in collaboration with the developers
- Maintaining and upgrading the development environment and build process
- Quality and Product Assurance activities
- Configuration Management activities
- Delivery production activities
- Related delivery documentation production
- Performing and improving installation of required software systems
- Contributing to the establishment and implementation of standards for testing across projects (environment, procedures, tools and documentation).
- Performing Factory and Site acceptance testing witnessed by customer Ihre Qualifikation
The ideal consultant is a software verification & validation engineer with experience in
a test & validation and/or a QA/PA role. He or she should be able to support any (manual) testing and QA/PA activities. Testers are also expected to write documentation on test tools and
environment as well as test case descriptions and test reports.
The candidate should be familiar with software development and test methodologies and standard software engineering practices. An excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Java, C/C++, UNIX shell) and software build tools would be appreciated. Experience with tools for static and dynamic code checking is desirable.
- University degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Great attention to detail
- Scripting languages, preferably Python, Java or C/C++
- Excellent command of the English language both written and oral
- Familiarity with different project cycles
- Customer orientation
- Great communication skills
- Team player who is also able to work independently
- ISTQB Foundation certification
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- English, German is a plus
- Space domain work experience
- Software testing experience (user acceptance, integrational, data processing)
- Testing of Java Desktop GUIs under Windows, Linux
- Experience with test management tools HP ALM, JIRA
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. GIT
- Experience with continuous integration and related tooling, e.g. Jenkins
- Experience with static and dynamic code checking tools, e.g. Sonarqube
- Familiarity with international organizations
- Test automation experience
Our client offers a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as the company language. We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectation and earliest possible start date, at email@example.com with the zipcode IC 001